Sunday, July 17, 2011

Life has a way


The last couple of months have flown by so fast it's hard to recall what I've actually done since I've moved down here. Obviously a lot of school, some rotations, random patient write-ups and notes, and some fun times with some good friends; some of it has been good and some not at all, I suppose as all things are in life.



The semester officially ends on August 5, so just in a few weeks and there's still a bit to get done before then, but then it's back to study mode 9-5 for a week do to the review course I'm taking. Then I just jump into studying on my own and head back to Columbus at the end of September to do some more of that.

Ive been to the beach a couple of times now, am more comfortable with the driving around here and the freeways, the lack of English in many places and the craziness of our schedule...well that I may never get used to, but at least we're almost done. I've had a friend visit, an old friend start his education not far from where I live, met some good people, became better friends with others and explored the cuisine of Miami...probably more than I should have. I've cooked a decent amount and found out how much I love it if I had a little more time, kind of baked a few times but I still need to perfect it, and am trying to continue with the whole gym-going thing but a week-long sickness kinda put that at bay so now I'm desperately trying to get back to that too.

So thus far life is decent but I'm excited to leave this part of my life behind. It's been fun and it's been VERY very educational both school-wise and in so many ways life-wise too, but I'm ready for a new start even though it's just a different kind of continuation. I'm starting to notice changes in my likes and dislikes, what's important to me and what is not and it's making me feel like finally I'm getting somewhere with this "purpose" in life :)

Hope you're all healthy and happy!
Love,
Basia


No comments:

Post a Comment